This course has been extended to include HyperSync
Course History and Future Events
- November 30, 2023 - Dublin, Ireland
- March 12, 2019 - Slough, England
- December 1, 2017 - London, England
- December 7, 2016 - London, England
- October 14, 2015 - London, England
With a properly licensed Identity Panel, you can perform the following:
- Before testing, managing your HyperSync Panel or MIM project’s objectives in Identity Panel.
- Provision and unwind your testing data sources and HyperSync Panel or MIM using Identity Panel.
- Create simple and advance test cases within Identity Panel.
- Perform check (assertions) throughout your identity lifecycle testing. Assert against sources, targets, Portal, connectors, and the metaverse.
- Match test cases to your identity business objectives.
- Perform negative testing.
- Perform regression testing, to assure changes made after you go-live do not break existing functionality.
- Planning a case-based testing environment
- Test ownership of accounts and data feeds
- Simulating non-controlled data-sources
- Automating environment reset
- Installing and configuring Test Panel for case development (on premises only)
- Initial configuration of test project(s) (LAB)
- Cloning and building provider source for debugging
- Creating connectivity validation tests (LAB)
- Mapping business objectives to a test project
- Applying objectives to test suites
- Re-use of testing elements
- Types of testing: integration, unit, regression, negative
- Creating a basic test case (LAB)
- Creating an iterative test case (LAB)
This course is also ideal for delegates using Identity Panel Recovery and bulk updating using Identity Panel Recovery. Test Panel and Recovery use the same product features.
Who is this for?
- You plan to develop or modify an HyperSync Panel or MIM solution rapidly, using a test-driven approach.
- You plan to develop on HyperSync Panel or MIM collaboratively with other developers and stakeholders.
- You plan to allow others to develop test cases.
- You plan to use Identity Panel Recovery and Bulk Update.
- You plan to extract test cases rapidly using Identity Panel to collect real-world data and case scenarios.
- You plan to leverage Contrails and Uplift to enhance your solution, or speed development (C# and Portal Rules are also supported in this course).
- You need to automate the management of your DevTest environment.
- You need a way to instantly roll HyperSync Panel or MIM forward and backwards.
- You need a way to instantly roll forward and backwards your data sources and targets, including AD DS, AD LDS, SQL, Lotus Notes, Exchange, AADConnect, etc.
- Have attended A850 - Rule Engine Language & Report Writing.
- Own a subscription to the Knowledge Package for Developers or the Knowledge Package for Administrators.
- Have experience writing SQL queries or using any language including PowerShell or MIM Portal Rules.
- Be an level 2 engineer or developer in one of the data sources you plan to use with Identity Panel, which must include one of the following:
- HyperSync or FIM/MIM
- Azure AADConnect
- Active Directory, LDAP
- Azure AD/Graph
- SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL
- Office 365
- Exchange Server
What you will learn
- How to develop for HyperSync Panel or MIM using a case driven approach.
- How to management your test environment.
- How to write flow rules using the Contrails visual editor.